Blog Archive

Monday, January 20, 2014

Spotlight Photographer and Guest Judge Amanda Jackson - Amanda Jackson Photography


Our spotlight photographer and guest judge this week is my personal friend and an amazing artist, Amanda Jackson of Amanda Jackson Photography. I interviewed her to find out more about her photography and where her passion lies. Check out her work on her website here or on her Facebook page!


The photographer :)


When did you begin doing photography? What was your inspiration?

I studied studio art as a minor in college, and have always been an artsy person…but I really started becoming interested in it after my son was born. I wanted to find a way to document our lives in a creative/artsy way…so here I am! :) 




What equipment do you rock? 

Nikon D600, Nikkor 85mm 1.8, Nikkor 50mm 1.4, Nikkor 70-200mm 2.8, Tokina 16-28mm 2.8 and my Nikkor 105mm macro.



How would you describe your photography style? 

I would say it's a clean and modern twist on lifestyle photography. I don't like to pose my clients…I just like them to act like they normally do and stand how they normally stand. Comfort is my biggest thing! <3 


What is your favorite subject?

Newborns. I absolutely LOVE getting to capture them in their first few days of life. AND…my son of course. 



What is your favorite part of being a photographer?

I just love being able to catch that "moment" for everyone. 




Do you have any photography idols? Who?

I try not to consume myself with the "big guys" if that makes sense. I want to find my own style…not conform to what everyone else is doing.



If you could do/be anything BESIDES a photographer, what would you do?

Wow…I haven't even THOUGHT about this in a longggg time. I would want to go back and work at Disney World (I used to work there) in their PR department (my major in college was Communication.)




Black and white, or color? 

Depends on the photo. Probably color…just because that's how life really is…if that makes sense!




If you could describe your personality in three words, what would they be?

Outgoing, Loving, Comfy




Amanda will be guest judging our current weekly theme for our Project 52! This week's theme is "In & Out". If you're interested in submitting an image post it directly to my Facebook wall here or join our Flickr group for lots of fun! Thanks Amanda!


No comments:

Post a Comment