Blog Archive

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Spotlight Photographer & Guest Judge for week 2/52 - Krystal Clear Photography - Photographer Krystal Covington



Today I'd like to introduce you to our guest judge for week 2/52 and spotlight photographer Krystal Covington of Krystal Clear Photography. I just adore Krystal's work and I'm happy to have her here helping me choose "Eye Candy" this week! (She's going to have a difficult job ahead!)

Check out Krystal's work on her website or Facebook page. 





When did you begin doing photography? What was your inspiration?

I have enjoyed taking photos since I was a teenager. I loved taking photos on vacations and at school functions. I became serious about it when my husband bought me my first DSLR May of 2011. I decided I was going to learn how to use it and use it well so I could take good photos of my children. My inspiration was my children and my family.





What equipment do you rock?

Nikon D600, D700, Sigma 35mm 1.4 and 85mm 1.8G.





How would you describe your photography style?

Clean and simple. I don't do a ton of props. I like to keep my main colors muted and neutral. I love sharp clear photos and I think my work shows that.





What is your favorite subject?

My children of course! Cooper my 9 month old is my favorite subject right now because he is a Mommy's boy and he smiles if you just say his name!




What is your favorite part of being a photographer? 

Being able to document my children's lives with my camera.





If you could do/be anything BESIDES a photographer, what would you do?

Other than my other job as a Radiology Tech I don't really know. I think I have found my calling in photography so I can't really imagine doing anything else!





Black and white, or color?

Color. I lean towards color edits. I love a good black and white but they are few and far between for me, 


If you could describe your personality in three words, what would they be?  

Happy, determined, loving.


And the links to check out Krystal's work again are here: website or Facebook page. 


Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment